I headed up Factory Berlin’s content marketing between May 2015 and September 2017.
I developed and implemented content strategy for Factory’s social media channels with focus on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram—which at the time I left the company engaged an overall audience exceeding 42,000.
We utilized the following strategies in order to grow the brand’s following and engagement:
- Launched Factory’s in-house magazine, sharing the entrepreneurial journeys of the likes of Airbnb co-founder Nathan Blecharczyk and and Evernote CEO Chris O’Neill;
- Formed content partnerships with the likes of Techstars and Google;
- Mastered live video broadcasts at Factory’s events featuring speakers such as Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, and Google for Entrepreneurs Director Mary Grove;
- Formed partnerships with Instagram influencers such as Berlinstagram (492K followers);
- Launched Factory’s very own podcast channel;
- Introduced weekly and monthly newsletters;
- And experimented with large-scale paid social campaigns.
During my tenure, Factory’s Facebook fans grew by 370 percent (from 7,000 to 26,000), while Twitter followers grew by 192 percent (from 6,500 to 12,500). Upon my arrival, I set up the Instagram account from scratch which quickly become Factory’s fastest-growing channel with 6,000 followers and counting.